Sunday, November 12, 2006

Prolog - Mission Trip to Bere 2006

November 12, 2006

Well, I can't believe it is here already. We leave today. We met yesterday after church and divided up all our items to make sure all of our suitcases were under the 70 lb mark. We have 9 or 10 plus our carry on items, 2 per person.

This is a little scary for me, since I haven't been this far away from home before. It will be a long plane flight. Everyone else has made this trip before or at least one like it.

It will be challenging but also a blessing. I am learning a little French so I can attempt to communicate while we are gone.

We leave today at 5:45 EST and fly to Atlanta. We won't leave Atlanta till 11:00 pm. From there we fly overnight to Paris, France. We will have a 9 hour layover in Paris and plan to take a tour. Yeah!! From there we fly overnight to N'Djamina, Chad (or Tchad). We then freshen up at TEAM (a hotel for missionaries that come through). Do some shopping in the local market and then take the 6-8 hour drive (depending on the roads), Steve said 6 hours to Bere, where the hospital is.

Long trip with two nights on planes. I am sure we will be exhausted. I will try to email everyone just as soon as we get there to let everyone know we are safe and well.

Bonjour,

Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment